The most common causes of pimples
The Most Common Causes Of Pimples
Acne does not allow us to live life to the fullest, and that's a fact! Presence of pimples makes it easy to lose self-confidence. However, understanding the cause of acne can make it easier to be rid of it. The biggest challenge is recognizing the reason for acne in each individual's case. This requires a visit to a doctor to do all the necessary tests. So today, we will try to figure out what, precisely, causes acne.
What are the most common causes of pimples?
- Hormonal surges. This is perhaps the most prevalent reason for facial pimples, and it covers practically the entire population:
- Teenagers at puberty
Between the ages of 13 and 20, only the very lucky do not get acne; this age also determines whether there are going to be more acne issues in the future. If a healthy diet is followed, pimples are not squeezed or popped, and a medical professional is consulted, it is very likely that this will be the end of acne. Conversely, relying on the mantra of 'this, too, shall pass,' might leave the person suffering until the age of 30.
- Pregnant women
Pregnancy causes a raging maelstrom of hormones, the mingling of which can cause devastating acne, getting rid of which is even harder than at puberty. Tips on dealing with pregnancy acne are the same as with puberty acne: following a healthy diet, not squeezing pimples, and consulting a professional. Treatment of pregnancy acne is further complicated by the fact that many oral medications are forbidden during pregnancy.
- Women during menstruation
- Stress. It is important not to worry about the trifles, not get frustrated with or disappointed by the little things and, generally, to enjoy life to the fullest. A positive attitude leads to much better results!
- Self-medication. This is an easy problem to fix, as long as there is a will to do so. Much has been said about the dangers of self-medication, and there is no need to rehash it.
- Squeezing pimples, constantly touching the face with dirty hands, or propping up one's head on the hands. All these reasons are in the same category, and they are probably one of the main causes of acne, along with hormones. Conduct a little experiment: count the number of times you touch your face during the day. You will be surprised by the results.
- Improper and unbalanced diet. Conduct another experiment: allow yourself all the greasy, fatty, fried food you want, washing it down with soda, and with chocolate for dessert. It is guaranteed that within 3 days, pimples will appear.
- Improper cosmetic products. It is very important to choose the right cosmetics for problematic skin. Products should be non-greasy and non-comedogenic. Additionally, it is recommended to minimize use of foundation, or even avoid it altogether; powder is much kinder to skin, and is much less pore-clogging.
Parasitic mites, Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis (the canine variety, D. canis, causes mange in dogs).
- Diseases of the internal organs, especially of the gastrointestinal tract. There is a saying: "What is in the stomach is also on the face." In this case, acne is the least of all problems; consult the doctor immediately!
In conclusion, these are the most frequent causes of acne. Understanding which one, in particular, is the cause will lead to proper treatment. That is to say, it is important to understand the problem first, prior to solving it – not the other way around.
The course is set; the rest is up to you. Success awaits you!